Thomas Jefferson School of Law, San Diego, California
- Valedictorian; Summa cum Laude, Juris Doctorate; Certificate in Law and Social Justice
- Law Review: published author and publication editor;
- Outstanding Scholastic Achievement Award;
- National Dean’s List and Distinguished Honor Roll; and
- American Jurisprudence, Witkin, and Cali Awards in Torts I &II, Civil Procedure I & II,Constitutional Law, Legal Research & Writing, Sexuality, Gender & the Law, and Race & the Law.
College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, Virginia
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology; Minor in Sociology
Principal Attorney – Leelyn Law LLC
- Own and run a full-service law firm with practice areas focusing on appeals, civil rights claims, business litigation, consumer protection, employment law, landlord-tenant disputes, transactional law, and product and premises liability.
- Provide consulting, researching, and writing services to civil, family, and criminal defense attorneys throughout Massachsuetts. Drafted successful briefs to the Superior Court, Appeals Court, Supreme Judicial Court, First Circuit, and United States Supreme Court.
PRIOR LEGAL EXPERIENCE
Adjunct Professor of Law – Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- Taught law students the skills necessary for effective written and oral advocacy, including persuasive writing techniques, efficient legal research, and articulate presentation of complicated oral arguments.
Senior Law Clerk / Associate Attorney – Stock Stephens, LLP
- Participated in all phases of varied civil litigation practice, focusing on civil rights, employment, property, and business litigation.
Senior Law Clerk / Associate Attorney – Law Offices of Alicia Slaughter
- Played a central role in an extraordinarily busy personal injury practice.
Judicial Intern – Honorable Jeffrey B. Barton
- Drafted rulings for the Court on various petitions and motions, observed all stages of civil litigation, and conferred regularly with the Judge regarding effective strategies and fatal errors on paper, in oral arguments, at trial, and otherwise.
Summer Law Clerk – Mulligan & Banham
- Primarily worked in the area of medical malpractice.
- Researched medical errors, involuntary quarantine, and provider liability;
- Researched American and Islamic law related to artificial insemination; and
- Provided substantial substantive, organizational, and thematic revisions.